Hello! My little new born girl has a problem. Her skene's duct became blocked by a large cyst filled with hormone secretions. I was not mentally present when doctor told me the news and I wasn’t able to listen to what he was saying after. Our next appointment is next week and I can’t wait that long. Can anybody help me, explain what this disorder can lead to and if there is a good way to treat it. Thank you!!!!

Hello there! You don’t have to worry that much! A paraurethral cyst will be evident to a doctor by its appearance — a glistening, tense and bulging yellowish-white mass reducing the size of the urethral opening. It can lead to misdirected urinary stream and possibly painful urination. But if your baby doesn’t get any symptoms, the treatment is not necessary. The cyst usually spontaneously ruptures and decompresses. If, however, a blockage develops, the urologist may pierce the cyst with a scalpel blade to relieve the milky drainage.