Is there anyone to tell me some info on sjogren's and tear duct repair? The thing is that it is been a while-over a year now– I am dealing with sjogren's syndrome condition and in my case it affected my mouth but also I suffer from dry eyes and my dry eyes condition is just getting worse over the time and no tear drops helps me with this anymore and that is why I am advised to solve this sjogren's problem and to have tear duct repair. So I am actually kind of afraid of this tear duct repair for it looks to me like some serious surgery, or not?

Tear duct repair in sjogren's condition is not that much complicated it is more like an eye intervention and is called punctual occlusion for it is about draining the tears from the eyes by sealing the tear ducts. Anyway my mom had the same tear duct repair procedure for she is also diagnosed with sjogren's and in general tear duct repair consists of inserting plugs of collagen or silicone into the ducts in order to close them temporarily. My mom had collagen inserted into her tear ducts and it eventually dissolved on its own but when the silicone is inserted than it needs to be removed. Anyway there is another laser surgery opt treatment in which the tear ducts are closed permanently.

I just had a tear duct surgery at a hospital in toronto. It was a very unpleasant procedure. I advise anyone who is scheduled for this to not be awake for this. The needle to freeze the area was very painful, and then of course you are awake for all the tugging, cutting, and bone boring. Today is my 3rd day after surgery and still feel and look terrible. Hopefully, this will all be better soon.

I had the tear duct plugs put in and it was a snap and has improved the quality of my life tremendously. It was done in the doctor's office and I had no side effects other than worrying they may come out. I've had them for a couple of years and would enthusiastically recommend them.

I had the plugs put in my eyes. It wasn't as bad as I had expected. My eyes were alittle irritated for a few days but that's about it! Go for it!! :)