Can you help me with my problem? Our kid is two months old and the doctors have noticed that he has his tear ducts blocked. I don’t know what caused it, but the doctors said that it should unblock on its own. I wish I could believe them, but I am so concerned about the little one. Do you know how to unblock that tear duct?

Well, sometimes you should listen to doctors. In more than 90% of the cases, blocked tear ducts in infants will unblock by the end of the fist year of life. So, there is no need to worry about this condition. The only time you have to worry about this is if it happens later in life, it is certainly related to some condition or disorder.

Well,
Having a blocked tear duck can be very problematic even for adults, but in young kids this can cause many complications. If the tears are not able to provide enough moisture for eyes, they become dry and itchy. Irritations are very common and children itch their eyes often which can cause the burst of small blood vessels in the eyes causing them to be red. The thing is that if you gently massage the eye there are a good chances that the tear duct will get unclogged. You can try this with your child and see if there is any improvement. I hope this helped you in any way
All the best,
Nelie

This may sound strange to some people but if your child has a blocked tear duct and you are breast feeding, express breast milk or squirt breast milk directly into your childs eye and this should fix the problem within a couple of days.  If this happened to my children i would do it every couple of hours until it was unlocked. Basically breast milk will heal many infections or sores on adults or children.