Over winter break, I spent a lot of time on the computer. My eyelids got puffy (the way they get when someone cries a long time) and my dad said it was because I spent too much time on the computer. Lo and behold, once school started again, my eyelids went back to normal. However, now my lash line and under eye area has become really dry and kind of itchy. I have two definite lines under my left eye and some small, scattered lines under my right. Also, my eyelid area close to the tear duct is dry and flaky. I put vaseline and cow udder cream on the dry areas (not at the same time, of course) before I go to bed. The dryness goes away, however, my eyes get a little itchy.

Do I have some eye disease? Should I try something different? Will any medication help?

Well that can be caused by a variety of conditions and problems. One of the basic ways to keep eyes from becoming irritated is to clean inner corners of debris at least once day, and avoid excessive eye makeup (if you are a girl). Allergies are an extremely common cause of dry, itchy eyes. When the eye is exposed to dust, floating pollen, or pet dander, particulate matter can easily irritate the eyes and cause allergic symptoms. For many different reasons, eyes may cease to produce enough tears to properly hydrate and clean the surfaces. If tear ducts are under-productive, certain eye drops may be used to artificially hydrate the eyes. I hope this helps.

I live in the Southwest and it is very dry during the winter. I keep my make up to a minimum and try avoiding eye shadow for the most part. I have also been crying a lot (family problems), so I think the dry weather and excessive tears dried up my eyes.

Yes, that is quite possible too. By some artificial tears, it will definitely help you. Artificial tears usually are the first line of treatment for dry eyes. Artificial tears are available over-the-counter.