My baby is only 2 months old, I think that I am taking good care of her. She is very clean and healthy. Couple of days ago I noticed small white bump on my baby’s vulva. I don’t know if I irritated her skin during bath or with some creams. What I should do about it?

A new-born baby has very sensitive skin, does not get very dirty and often don't require full bathing until the umbilical cord stump has fallen off. Wiping down the baby with water and cotton wool is often sufficient cleaning. I think that you should not try to clean inside your baby girl's vulva, as it is unlikely to contain a lot of dirt. Opening up the folds may introduce infection, what can be a reason for white bumps. Try always to wipe from front to back to avoid spreading bacteria from the anus to the vagina. While holding her ankles with one hand, gently lift her legs so the vulva is exposed, and use fresh moist cotton wool to clean the outer lips of her genital area. Always wipe downwards, still keeping her bottom raised, take fresh moistened cotton wool and wipe her bottom clean. If those bumps are persistent take her to doctor, don’t wait too long.