I've had my tear ducts blocked for nearly a year. First I had temporary collagen plugs inserted as a trial for the first period of time. However, they decided to perform surgery on me. They told me that an easy and painless procedure. What I would like to know is what I can expect in post op period.

My cousin had tear duct blockage and also had surgery. I remember that in post op period she had swelling and bruising in the tear duct. They put small tube in the corner of her eye and she had something in her nose….which look scared as I recall. She also experienced some tearing. But after some time she was quite well.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any information on Dr. William Boothe. If anyone can give me any information on Dr. William Boothe, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.

There are lots of techniques used to unblock the tear ducts.

The one blayne spoke of involves firstly unblocking the duct using a probing needle and then placing a tiny glass tube here to ensure this doesnt close again.

It really depends on your situation and if there is a blockage further down the duct in the nasolacrimal duct the technique most commonly used for this is a fibreoptic laser which is operated on inside your nose to burn a hole through the bone and into your canicular duct. This allows your tears to drain into the nose.