I am worried about my sister. She found a lump on her breast and naturally went to a doctor. She is still waiting for her results but meanwhile I would like to know more about breast cancer. What is it all about? What is the treatment for breast cancer? Thanks

It doesn't have to mean that your sister has a breast cancer, that the lump that she had found is malignant. A woman has better chances of beating breast cancer the earlier it is found and diagnosed. Breast self-exam is very important and should be part of woman's monthly health care routine. Women over 40 are at a high risk for the disease. However, this doesn't mean that younger women can't get it. The process of diagnosis can take weeks and involve many different kinds of tests. I am sure that waiting for results feel like a lifetime to your sister. Your sister and her doctors can formulate a treatment plan tailored just for her, based on her condition. Recently, there's been an explosion of life-saving treatment advances against breast cancer. This brings a new hope and excitement. The treatment for breast cancer involves surgery, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy, chemotherapy and many others.