Hi, my sister is feeling very bad. A month ago she found a lump located in her left breast. There was also a pain present under both arms. Some days after that, she went to the doctor. He directed my sister to an ultrasound. This test showed complex cyst condition. It was a cluster of breast cysts. There was also a solid component existence inside the cysts. She is now scheduled for an operation. Is there no other way to treat this condition beside the operation?

Hi, the condition your sister is suffering from is indeed complex. Cluster of breast cysts is not the same as having one cyst. If this were the case, a simple drainage of cyst would be enough to treat it. But since there is a cluster of breast cysts and there is also a solid component present in them the drainage would not help. The reason for this is that a simple drainage will leave the solid cysts behind. And there is no other way for these cysts to be removed except by surgery. That is why an operation, by which the entire cluster of breast cysts will be removed, is necessary. I can understand that your sister is not feeling great about this situation, but she has every right to bee worried. There are more and more women diagnosed with breast cancer too late. But the doctors have done everything right in the diagnosis process and she should have all the faith in their choice that the operation is the best solution. After the surgery and the removal of the cluster of cyst your sister's doctors will be able to tell if the cyst was benign or malignant.

I relate to this as I have just had a biopsy on the clusters in the right breast. I am waiting for the results. It is stressful waiting but I have read so much on these clusters it does take a biopsy to find out. It isn't worth putting it off and I was also told to get them removed and be done with it. I wish both the very best. I had a cancer sign chip installed in my breast. I asked why and they told me all patients get one....What? I said they put a chip to the area of the clusters that doesn't make sense. I will say this, if I have to have surgery I am getting both breast removed. My sister and my mom both had breast cancer. I have things to do, traveling and people to see. I can't let this get me down. Yes, I have been so much worried, but there us always a reason for this, why us women? It seems cancer is the number one causing death in the country. My prayers go out to you and all those faced with this challenge.