Hi, I am a thirty eight years old woman. No serious condition has ever bothered me in my entire life. Couple of days ago, while showering, I noticed a change in my body. This is a physical change in the area of my breasts. I can feel that some kind of mass has developed. The only thing that crosses my mind is cancer. I am too afraid to go to the doctor. Can you tell me what does breast mass mean?

Hi, you do not have to despair. You failed to mention if this has happened to you before. There are cases in which breast mass is found during the menstrual cycle. When it is over, so does the breast mass disappear. However, if this is not the case, I suggest you see a doctor. There is no reason for you to be afraid. My best friend also felt a mass in her breast, but decided to see a doctor right away. An oncologist did some tests and determined that her lump wasn't a malignant mass. But there are many women who act exactly as you. Most of them start the treatment too late since they were also afraid to see a doctor. Of course, I am talking about breast cancer. Therefore, this is also one of the possibilities that you must think about. The doctor will perform all the necessary tests, including mammogram. I again strongly advise you to go to the doctor's office as soon as possible.