Has anyone experienced breast pain/tenderness right after their period? For the past 2 months, a couple of days after my period, my breasts become painful. Around the nipple, only tender to the touch (a needle-like pain), and it's an on and off thing. I've noticed it's more evident on the right than the left. After October's period, it lasted up until a little after my period started last week (which was also early). I was hoping it was just an off month. Now it came back a few days ago. I've been trying to find information on it, and all I can find is info on cyclical breast pain and fibrocystic changes, which are always cited as flaring up before the period starts. I've had breast pain before my period for years, but never throughout my cycle. It's not related to ovulation, since it starts too early. No major changes in diet, though I've had less of an appetite for a little while and have just been feeling off-fatigued, sleep issues, some pelvic/back/hip pain, headaches, aches in my arms and legs (not the flu though, as I've had a flu shot). I have a doctor's appointment next week, but I'm a curious person and want to have some idea of what this could be beforehand. Cysts? Thyroid? Other hormonal shenanigans? I'm 22 years old, not pregnant (took a number of tests including a blood test a few weeks ago, and chances were very slim to begin with), not on any birth control.

I can't edit, but I meant to say that it's around and above and below the nipple