hello, my name is ana. i think there is something wrong with my breast. i am 14 years old, i exercise daily, and i weigh 118 pounds. When i feel my breast it feels normal, but when i squeese it i feel something hard. sometimes it takes up my whole breast (i am a 38 a, so its not that big) and sometimes it is small and to the side. its in my other one to, but not as big. they get sore sometimes, but never painful. i told my mom (she used to be a nurse) and she said that its because of my period, and it will go away when they start. (they havent started yet) but its been two months and nothing has changed. i told her that and she wasnt sure, but she said it might be because of swimteam and my period will start when i take a break. i have been out of swimteam for almost two weeks and STILL no difference. should i insist on going to the doctor? i know its probably not cancer becasue i am young and active, but it still might be dangerous and i am scared. some one please help!

My period has started now, and they didnt go away. i almost think they are getting bigger! someone please help!!!

How hard and big is this thing that you feel. I think that you are still young to have cancer. You also seem like very athletic and sportive girl. I thing it is because of you puberty. Your body is changing and you have just received you period. Your hormones will be doing many changes to your body and your breasts will get bigger.
I think you should continue with the swimming.

It is very hard, and can tell that they get bigger during my period, and get smaller afterward, for a day or to they are almost gone. but they never really go away. they are still big for a week before and after my period. im not so worried now, because it seems my period triggers it.

Your period is doing this. When you have period your breasts do get bigger. And after the period they get smaller. This is a very normal thing. And most women experience this. It is good thing that you do not suspect that this can be cancer. You are very young and the chances that you have cancer are very very low.
Do you have any other question regarding your condition?

yes, i do. is it normal to get little bumps on your breast? they are very small, like skin imperfections. they arent red, they dont itch or hurt, but i was still a little worried.

Do you mean like some kind of rash?
Well if it is a rash than this can be caused with few things. One of them can be your washing powder. If you have recently changed your washing powder that this one might not suite you.
Other thins can be deodorant problem. Some people have these rashes because of deodorant they use on their skin.
If non of this is in case than can you remember if you have done something different recently?

That's not a totally normal thing, no. Have you seen a doctor about this? I think it might be a good idea only because the bumps could be something like that. I think that it might be a good idea to see one just because it sounds like you're worried about your health and I think it'd be a good way to alleviate your fears. Does that sound like a good plan? PLease let us know how it goes at the doctor and keep us posted, okay?

there is only, like, 5 of them. and they are spread out, not alll bunched together. and like i said, they arent red, so i dont think they are a rash. i really dont want to tell my mom (i didnt tell her about the bumps) because my dads work just changed our insurance, and now doctor visits are REALLY expensive. if they havent gone away by the time i am due for my next check-up, i will tell the doctor. but im just really scared that i might need sergery or something, and then i wont be able to swim for a few weeks beacuse of stiches, and i might not be able to build up my speed in time for champs. i know its stupid, but they have been there for a while, and woulnt they start hurting if they were serious?

Hi Ana,
I really think that you won't need surgery and that you don't have to fear for this. But I would advise you to talk to your mother about this. I understand about your insurance but let your mother see this and let her decide if you need to go to see a doctor. You have to know that she will do what is best for you.

I'm just wondering they haven't hurt at all? Or itched?

not at all. my breasts do get sore during my period, but the bumps dont hurt or itch at all. i didnt even notice them until a few weeks ago, i dont know how long they have been there.

hi im 13 and i started my periods in may. i have a hard thing too i think that they are something to do with the milk. im not too sure but ive had them for ages and havnt had any problems at all. are the little imperfections you talk about white spots around your nipple? because if they are they are completely normal i was worried about them too but it turns out their natural and dont do anything at all.
hope ive helped.
-m

hi again just double checked and it turns out that lumps are normal as long as they are in the same place this link was helpful. i think your fine. :-)

Hi anna. Im 13 and i used to be a competitive gymnast. I quit when i was 12 years old because it wasn't really what i wanted. About four months after i turned 13 i had gotten my period. Ever since i was 11 i have had those bumps. I understand that you feel weird and uncomfortable with them. I have a cousin who was feeling the same thing so aboit last year we went to the doctors together. They felt our boobs up which was weird, but they told us that it's just what our boobs will be like untill they are done growing. I am on my period right now and the hard things feel like the are weighing me down, but really they just make your boobs bigger. One of the perks of your period...when your a 32 A. Do you ever experience weird pains in your stomach though? That could be a a result of a sist in your ovary. They are much more common than expected...

Sounds to me like you are feeling your mammary glands. The inside of the breast is full of tissue that surrounds the mammary glands that become swollen as hormone levels increase during your period. This is normal. I think, perhaps, you feel the inner workings of your breasts more because they are smaller and not surrounded by much fatty tissue. The bumps are just like false milk ducts, and are completely normal.