I'm 22 years old and for about the past 3 1/2 weeks, I've been having breast pain. I started out with soreness for a few days before my period, and the soreness continued throughout my period (which was a bit unusual, since my breasts are typically sore around my period but it usually dissipates a few days in). My period was also a bit unusual, no cramps and a lighter flow than usual. I at first freaked out about the chance of pregnancy, even though I hadn't had sex but did engage in other activities where there was a small risk of having semen around my vagina, but I stopped at a women's clinic and had a blood test a few days ago to ease my worries and it was negative--and I was assured that at this point, 5 weeks after fooling around, if I was pregnant, it would certainly be positive. After my period ended, the soreness didn't completely go away, though it's changed. Now it's primarily sensitivity around my right nipple, sometimes above or to the right side of the breast. It's not constant/it comes and goes, and it's usually only painful to the touch, though I occasionally feel a slight twinge without contact. About a week ago, I did experience a sudden sharp stinging on the upper right part of my right breast as I reached over to get something, though it did not feel like a muscle problem but instead something within the breast tissue. I also sometimes have a little tenderness around/below my left nipple as well, though not nearly as frequently and it's much more mild.

I know that a lot of breast pain is related to the menstrual cycle, but I've never experienced breast pain continuing throughout my cycle. At this point, I'm about halfway through my cycle, my next period is due around Thanksgiving. I'm not on any type of birth control. I work in women's health and I know that the vast majority of the time, breast cancer does not present with pain unless it's progressed to a much later stage, in which case there would be other symptoms. I haven't felt any lumps, though it seems like the tissue around the front of my right breast may be a bit firmer than it used to be. I've heard that breast pain can occur around ovulation, which would be around this point in my cycle, but the pain hasn't just started. I know that caffeine can also have an effect and though I drink a fair amount of coffee, those habits haven't changed recently, so unless years of coffee consumption have suddenly caught up with me, I don't think that could be causing it. I was very stressed out with my "pregnancy scare" and I wasn't eating/sleeping well, became constipated/bloated/had stomach and lower back pain as a result, and those symptoms have lingered as well.

Could this be the result of stress/anxiety? Should I be worried about an underlying hormonal condition? Fibrocystic changes? I'm inclined to think stress, but at the same time, I went through some incredibly stressful situations in college and while I found it certainly took a toll on my body (weight gain, skipped periods, insomnia) I've never experienced these symptoms.

I moved to a new city over the summer for a new job, and haven't found a physician here yet. My concern is the wait time to get an appointment. I know it's probably nothing serious, and I've never been the type of person who freaks out about their health--I don't usually worry about every little passing problem--but I feel like something just isn't right about my body, and it's a deeply unsettling feeling.

I've had the same problem and I'm 15. my left breast felt like somebody was stabbing it over and over again, last night in my sleep. I woke up with tears in my eyes because it hurt so bad. I've been worried because in my right breast I have a lump, which my mother believes it's a sist, or however you spell it. I got it checke out about a year ago but I was supposed to get checked every 3 months and my mom never took me back. the doctor said if it enlarges to call him imidiately, I haven't gone and it's been a year and it just keeps getting bigger. would anyone know whats wrong with me?

fybroids some desolve on their own some you have to get removed is not and cannot cause cancer but can be very painful I have these