Iam thirty three years old and i haven't been pregnant in ten years. very recently i've notice a light green cloudy liquid coming out of my left breast nipple when I press or queeze. Althouth I'm not experiencing pain in my breast, my back is hurting directly behind my left breast. The pain is sharp and is pretty uncomfortable. I need some imput as to what this could mean.

Although nipple discharge is not necessarily serious, the pain you are experiencing is confusing. It would be wise to make an appointment to see what is going on since there are several possible causes of the nipple discharge. The good thing is that the discharge is coming out when pressed or squeezed.
There are many possible reasons of nipple discharge and some of them are breast infection called mastitis. Besides the discharge you would experience breast tenderness, redness, flakiness, burning (not all symptoms need to be present though).
Another possible cause is inflamed nipple ducts. In this disorder, the ducts get clogged with a green or black substance that may come out of the nipples.
Then there are fibrocystic changes aka lumpy breasts. A woman develops cysts, that are non-cancerous but they do consist of green and/or yellow discharge.
Most of these conditions require some kind of treatment, so it would be good to visit a doctor.

:-D Hi, I respect the reply you got from your posting. Any discharge from you nipple should be looked at. One thing you might not know about is referred pain. Sometimes you can get pain in an area that is what you think not directly related to your "real" problem. You really should get it looked at asap. Sometimes I don't get back to this board often to see results after someone goes to follow up. I would be forever grateful if you would email me what your dr says it is once you know. This is how I learn is from others. I have some medical experience and have a quest for knowledge. So hope you take care go see the dr. Peggy

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **