Hi, I recently turned 30 in July and my fiance and I haven't been activily trying to conceive but we haven't been not trying - if that makes sense - we are conscious that we want a child but we haven't been active like rabbits trying to create one.  I have been on and off of birth control since I was 20 in many attempts to regulate my cycle.  I last used BC back in July 2009 and my cycle has been regular up until May of this year.  Oddly enough, it was in May the my fiance and I started talking about children and stopped using other forms of protection.  My last period to date began on August 31st and ended on September 4th...it is now November 3rd and I still haven't had a normal period.  I say normal because I had very light spotting that occured October 15th - October 17th.  This bleeding was only visable on tissue and wasn't enough to be visable on a panty liner.  Shortly after the spotting I experienced daily off and on nausea...I wouldn't vomit, just all of a sudden I would experience these queezy spells.  I was also bloated, fatigued and had sore breast.  I took a at home pregnancy test that returned a negative result and I figured this was because I tested too early but was in fact actually pregnant.  On the 24th of October directly after have sex with my fiance, I noticed very light spotting - again nothing visable on a panty liner just tissue.  It only lasted for a few hours but it scared the hell out of me.  I told my fiance that he needed to take me to the hospital and he (having previous children) said I was probably just prego and that was normal.  The very next day my daily nausea vanished, the bloating went away and my breast were no longer tender.  Prior to this I was certian that I was pregnant but this killed that enthusiasm for me.  In about two or three days following my sore breast returned and so did the constant bloat and on and off nausea.  To date the symptoms seem to come and go.  Some days I experience this dull cramping like my period is about to start and it never does.  At this point I just wish it would already.  I am very tall and thin so I can see that my uterus is swollen.  Also I've had a small cyst in my right breast for about five years now that was always on the right of my nipple, it has sinced moved to just under my nipple.  All together, I've taken 4 home pregnancy test and all were negative...that sure feeling I had about being pregnant is gone and it's been replaced with fear as to what is wrong with me.  My doctor is out of town and pretty booked for the few weeks following his return.  I've told my fiance at this point I want to go to the emergency room, but he doesn't feel my symptoms warrent an emergency bill.  He often ask me what I think is wrong and I have no idea.  Can any one assist me?  Has any one exprienced this and can they tell me what it turned out to be?  Please, note that this is difficult for me, I do not want to be one of those women so eager to be prego they ignore major health problems or make up symptoms.  I'm am open to other possibilities I just need some ideas to brainstorm.

Bleeding during pregnancy is common, especially during the first trimester, and usually it's no cause for alarm. But because bleeding can sometimes be a sign of something serious, it's important to know the possible causes, and get checked out by your doctor to make sure you and your baby are healthy.

About 20% of women have some bleeding during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Possible causes of first trimester bleeding include:

Implantation bleeding. You may experience some normal spotting within the first six to 12 days after you conceive as the fertilized egg implants itself in the lining of the uterus. Some women don't realize they are pregnant because they mistake this bleeding for a light period. Usually the bleeding is very light and lasts from a few hours to a few days.

Miscarriage. Because miscarriage is most common during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, it tends to be one of the biggest concerns with first trimester bleeding. About half of women who bleed in pregnancy eventually miscarry, but that doesn't necessarily mean that if you're bleeding you've lost the baby, especially if you don't have any other symptoms.

Other symptoms of miscarriage are strong cramps in the lower abdomen and tissue passing through the vagina.

Ectopic pregnancy. In an ectopic pregnancy, the fertilized embryo implants outside of the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube. If the embryo keeps growing, it can cause the fallopian tube to burst, which can be life-threatening to the mother. Although ectopic pregnancy is potentially dangerous, it only occurs in about 2% of pregnancies.

Other symptoms of ectopic pregnancy are strong cramps or pain in the lower abdomen, and lightheadedness.

Molar pregnancy (also called gestational trophoblastic disease). This is a very rare condition in which abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus instead of a baby. In rare cases, the tissue is cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body.

Other symptoms of molar pregnancy are severe nausea and vomiting, and rapid enlargement of the uterus.

Additional causes of bleeding in early pregnancy include:

• Cervical changes. During pregnancy, extra blood flows to the cervix. Intercourse or a Pap test, which cause contact with the cervix, can trigger bleeding. This type of bleeding isn't cause for concern. 
  • Infection. Any infection of the cervix, vagina, or a sexually transmitted infection (such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, or herpes) can cause bleeding in the first trimester.
  • Intercourse during  pregnancy As  for th  light   bleeding  after intercourse its  not  uncommon to  have light  spotting afterwards.However  if  this continues cease having intercourse for the  time  being until it heals on its own the risk  is  infection if  left untreated  . A warm saltwater  solution will help clear it  up  in its  own.or  go  see ur   OB/GYN and  he or she  will suggest  a  treatment  right  for  you .Also  your fiance may  have  to  be  a little  more delicate with you in these  early weeks so  explain   ur   symtoms to  him   and  take to  your  OB/GYN and  your Doctor will explain to  him. I hope this  was  helpful.

Hi! I hope I do get a response from the first person who did post.....I'm going through the exact same thing. Whatever happened? Were u pregnant?