Hi, I have urine of bright yellow color. Usually, it is not that yellow. Is it a sign of some urinary disorder? Or is it just a phase that will pass away? I know that color of urine can be indicator of presence of bacteria.

If you try drinking more water, your urine will dilute. Urine gets it’s yellow color of the major waste product of the blood urobilin. The more concentrated it is the darker it appears and opulently, more water you take , color of urine will be more clearer. Asparagus is a veggie that can color your urine bright yellow. Some medications and supplements of vitamin B will give yellow urine. At least 2 liters of water are recommended each day, but if you sweat a lot or do some excessive physical work you should take even more. Drinking cranberry juice helps the kidneys to flush any toxins and bacteria, which can be responsible for any urinary tract infections.

What if you have bright yellow urine and you are already drinking 8 glasses of water and not taking vitimin supplements? There also has been no change in medication. Should I be concerned?

I have the same issue. I have had very bright yellow urine for a couple of months. My doctors say it is not any of my medications, and that I am not dehydrated. I do not take a multivitamin, so the B vitamin theory is out. I've tried drinking 100 plus ounces of water a day to "flush" my system-- urine volume increases, but color is still bright yellow. I've asked a LOT of doctors/ pharmacists/ etc. and no one really has any idea what is causing this. The symptom is not indicative of any type of disorder or disease, so they say not to worry about it.

IF you're drinking any high energy drinks, such as Red Bull, they are loading with Vitamin B..hence they will turn your urine bright yellow.

UHM MY PEE IS VERY BRIGHT YELLOW WITH NO SMELL AT ALL.. COULD I BE PREGNANT? IM ALSO SLEEPY AND HAVE HEAD ACHES AND SMELL THINGS NO ONE ELSE CAN.. BUT IVE HAD MY PERIOD ONCE..

The main reason urine changes color is either from not drinking enough water or a urinary tract infection (if you are pregnant you need more water than if you aren't and urinary tract infections common among pregnant women).

However B-vitamins will give urine a bright yellow colour and vitamin B6 and certain veg like asparagus can cause your urine to smell.

If your urine was a very dark yellow you should to speak to your doctor.

Some migraine sufferers experience olfactory auras (strange smells) and tiredness before the onset of their headaches.

My advice would be to visit your doctor who can diagnose your symptoms and allay any worries you may have.

Headache, sleepiness and phantom smells could be nothing. But ... you might want o see your doctor, who may recommend a neurologist. Certain neural conditions can cause this, albeit unlikely.

yeah i have the same issue... bright yellow urine and im pretty sure i drink enough water... crazy!

any solutions found??? i do have the same problem!! :-(

Just as the other people have said, the color of your urine changes on what you eat and drink (or lack of).
There is also a book you can buy that was featured on Rachel Ray that goes into detail about the color of your urine.
However, this site sums it up
and is answered by a urology specialist. Bottom line, it's nothing major. You need to 1) drink more water to dilute the color
or 2) ease up on the vitamin B

Also, are you taking a multivitamin?

Most multivitamins will cause your urine to turn high lighter yellow. Not just B vitamins but an increase in things like carrots and squash or anything with beta-caratin in it can also cause the coloring. (I apologize if I spelled anything wrong.)

As most everyone on here has said, it's nothing to worry about. Brighter coloring that's not foggy or cloudy looking isn't a sign of bladder or kidney problems. Anything cloudy, foggy, or a sudden darkening in color (I'm talking about severely dark, like very good English tea dark) should be looked into a little more closely.

HI I have bright yellow urine and I know that you said to drink a lot of water but that is all I drink I only drink sodas on special occasions but I drink water and only water on a daily basis. I also drink a LOT of it. Im just wondering if this is a sign of an illness or bacteria???? I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor for this or not because it's been happening for about 3 months now.I don't take any extra vitamins just to let you know. Please Let me know if you can! Thank you

Hi guys, I have only just started taking multi-vitamins and noticed my urine was bright yellow. I've done some research and it is because of this that my urine is this way. If your urine is cloudy, it can mean you are pregnant or have a UTI (urinary tract infection). I think any problem no matter how embarrassing, should be seen by a doctor if it has you worried. I have also found it can be related to problems with kidneys. Good Luck!

You all keep saying you have bright yellow urine AND are saying you are drinking a lot of water.

If you read what the replies are saying,
Your urine will lighten or get bright yellow if you are drinking a lot of water or are taking b vitamins.
it could also be bright yellow if you drink energy drinks. There's nothing wrong with you. It's actually healthier to have bright yellow urine.