occassionaly my stools are of various colours. Recently they are bright yellow/orange colour and very loose. I am a cealiac and also have short bowel disorder and lactose intolerance.

Hello there flash

Stool color usually depends on what we are eating. If you have been consuming a lot of orange and yellow foods such as carrots and pumpkins the color of your stool could be the consequence of that. As well since you are lactose intolerant you are aware that you must be careful to avoid all dairy products and to have special eating habits.

Soy milk is good supplement for the regular milk and good way of taking vitamin C.

But you can always use some other supplements to compensate your lactose intolerance. And I hope that you are avoiding foods you shouldn’t be eating because I know how terrible your stomach can hurt if you don’t. from time to time it is ok to take some chocolate but try to be moderate.    

That yellow stool was the scariest thing in my entire life. I set diagnose for myself and I felt like I am dying. Of course, that was not the case and the most important thing is not to stay scared when this happens.

That is how I have learned that it is normal that stool changes its color occasionally, because that is a sign that your body is missing something and you need to determine what.

Of course, often it can be a sign of some serious health issue that requires a medical treatment. 

Every condition is different. Sometimes, it can happen that you ate something bad and that this is the main reason for your yellow stool. But sometimes it can be more dangerous.