So, if your pee is clear are you in the clear? Are you hydrated? Or is there more to it?

For runners, clear urine means overhydration. Ideally, it would be a pale yellow color.

I remember someone telling me it was good to be clear. So, clear isn't necessarily good?

Is there a pee pallette? :teehee:

/almost serious.

Better clear than dark. Clear means you might need to just cut back a little on the liquids.

I'm sure urologists have a pallet. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Edited to add - would it be them, or the kidney specialists? :shrug:

I don't know. I figure my mom would know.
I drink almost no water in its purest form. I drink diet soda and iced tea. I'm running clear. I sweat ok. Also, my most strenuous activity is walking a couple of miles.

I have always heard this as well.

Just a quick search came up with this also, keep in mind that there may be a delay between dehydration and the time it takes to show up in your urine. Not to mention, people tend to go less when they are dehydrated

I'm uncomfortable talking about my urine on the internet.

Me too. And as much water as I drink, sometimes in excess of a gallon a day, I have never had clear urine. Guess I do 1 thing right. :o

Don't feel bad - a lot of people do. Urine good company.

(rim shot)

Then give it a pet name.
I go lots and lots. Mr Aire would attest to that.

I don't buy the overhydration thing. Some days I'll drink less than 50 oz of fluid and have clear urine. If I drink plenty of water as is recommended, say 80oz, there won't be a touch of yellow. Isn't color determined by the presence of certain minerals/chemicals (citric acid is a primary contributor - at least that's what I've heard)? So if your diet has less of these color compounds, you could be very underhydrated and not be able to judge by color. Or, you could ingest plenty of coloration and still drink a gallon of water and have dark urine.

Is this gonna turn into a pissin' match??!! :hysteria:

I always thought that color was also determined by impurities/poisons in your system. If it's clear then they're flushed out.
Maybe my kidneys are hoarding stuff. :shrug:
Oh, and JU: YOU ARE ON. (of course, I know fully well I'll lose.) :teehee:

:hysteria: color me confused :hysteria:
dark pee = crabby me
this thread is humorous.