I have what has seemed to be a sinus infection for quite some time now. I am pregnant and taking prenatal vitamins which I thought would explain the color of my nasal drainage, but no where is that a side effect and my OB says it probably has nothing to do with it. My nasal drainage is bright yellow, almost the same color as a highlighter. Its thick but not mucous like. I'm not too concerned, its just that I've never seen something like this. I drink a lot of water and my diet has changed slightly to be healthier for the baby. Should I see my family doctor or just take an OTC med?

i've got a kid here with the same problem, the bright yellow phlegm, nasal drainage, not real thick just a weird bright yellow color a cross between a highlighter color and iodine, really strange, so what is the cause of this colored nasal drainage?