Hi. My urine has suddenly become bright yellow. It was always clear. A health care provider told me I should drink more water. I don`t think so. I think I have some sort of infection. What do you think?

Hi. I think he was right. Bright yellow urine can mean your body is dehydrated and in that case you have to drink lots of water. Some veggies, such as asparagus, will make your pee look bright yellow. Or, it could mean you are highly acidic. Vitamins, especially Vitamin B, can make your urine look like that. Anyway, the less water you drink, the darker your pee will become. Water will surely dilute your urine and it will become clear again.

Hi christen

I believe that card has right and that your doctor was right. If you drink a lot of water it is logical that your urine is going to be diluted. And increasing amount of the water you are in taking in your organism is beneficial for several reasons.

Have you been taking supplements of B vitamin? This is also one of the reasons for your urine to be bright yellow and as a matter in fact few kinds of foods do. So change something in your diet and increase water or fluids (but avoid beverages which are containing alcohol and caffeine) and your urine will probably get its natural color very soon. Keep us informed about any changes.