When I look back in the past couple of years, I can't remember was the color of my urine same for at least two months. For two months I have brown urine color, then next two months, it is blue, etc. I think that my urine has changed so many different colors. 

So, maybe this my question will sound silly for you, but I really want to know what is normal urine color and what to do if you have the abnormal color of urine?

I didn't believe that this is something because I should call my doctor. But now I am not sure anymore. 

Hey Daria,

Any change in your urine color is an alarm to talk to your doctor, you should have known about this already.

Normal urine color is any yellow color, I say any because you can have different shades of yellow but as long as it is yellow, it's good.

Now, every other color of your urine is considered to be abnormal and it means that there is something wrong going on in your body, whether do you have problems with your kidneys or you maybe have an urinary tract infection but whatever it is, it can definitely be dangerous so you have to talk to your doctor.

The person above me explained it quite well, normal urine color is simply yellow, but I heard that some doctors say that you should actually keep an eye out for some different shades of yellow because these can mean that there is something wrong going on as well. If you have an abnormal color of urine, you should wait for it to happen again. If it happens twice, then you should go and talk to your doctor about it because you need to find out what is causing this change in your urine's color. I have to tell you, this is usually caused by some nasty and dangerous things.

Hey everyone,

I had an abnormal urine color once, it was black and it never happened to me before that so I didn't really know what was going on, I have to admit that this black color had me worried so I called a friend of mine who knows about this stuff and she told me that this can be dangerous and that I should talk to my doctor. So I did, he wanted to check my urine so I had to wait for some analysis and it later turned out that I was just fine, and I never had black urine again.

If you have an abnormal urine color, go and talk to your doctor in order to find out what is causing it, it is that simple. If you already know that you ate some foods which can be the cause of that particular urine color that you are having, then you can wait for the next time that you go to the toilet and see if your urine color is back to normal, if it is not, it's time to talk to your doctor. But these abnormal urine colors are really, really rare, and it is really weird that you had two different colors already.

Greetings everyone. 

Transparent yellow is normal color of the urine. Dark yellow is also normal color, but you should drink more water because you can easily dehydrate. If there is no color, that means that you are missing some water as well. Also pale color means that you are normal.

In any other cases, you should react.

How?

By seeing your doctor.  If your urine has some colors such as red, orange, green or blue, that can be a sign of some disease. 

Some tests will help you to find out what is the cause of your abnormal urine color and how to treat it. 

I see. So, today I noticed that my urine color is orange. For the past two days, it was transparent or bright yellow, I can't tell you for sure. I was drinking some water when it was transparent but now I just can't understand how suddenly it became orange. Something must be going wrong with me since I really don't do anything that can harm me. I can't count aspirin that I drink, right? Aspirin can't harm me...At least I think so. So, I was trying to be "smart" and I wanted to heal it alone, at my home, but I see now that I made a huge mistake. This is an alarm and this alarm is telling me that I need to consult my doctor. Urgently!

I remember when I told my kids for the first time to take look at their urine. They made a fun of me telling me :"Who wants to watch in the toilet?" I still repeat that people need to look at urine because you can learn a lot of things by looking at your own urine. Different colors can be a problem. Of course, they can be caused by certain foods, medications, and even laxatives. But you can't tell for sure, right? So, go to your doctor. Tell your doctor what bothers you. Don't be afraid to pee in that cup your doctor gives to you. That is a normal thing and normal procedure. That is what you should do if you have abnormal color of urine.

It is funny when you are younger and when someone tells you to look in the toilet. But when you grow up, you will see that this makes a lot of sense. For example, I find articles around here very helpful and I think that all of you should read them. Just go to the articles section of this site. 

Like you already know, don't be afraid to tell your doctor what is going on with you and why did you come to consult him. 

Maybe it is nothing, but I repeat - it can be something that is serious and that can affect your health.