Hello! I am curious what causes broken blood vessels for it happens frequently I have problems with broken blood vessels in my eye especially the left one. It doesn't hurt or anything like that but it borders me for it looks so ugly that I avoid going out and sometimes it takes about 3 weeks to disappear. And it happened again few days ago –I have this eye broken blood vessels and would like t o hear what causes it and the worse thing is that I have a cold at the same time so it looks even more reddish and watery.

It is more likely you have subconjunctival hemorrhage and I don't think that exact cause of broken eye blood vessel is known but the same thing happened to me. So I know whenever I got cold and coughing I have the problem with broken blood vessel in my eye and it is nothing to worry that much about for it is no serious condition it just looks awful and ugly, sometimes it maybe itches and scratch but that's all to it- I usually take some artificial tears or eye drops and the things get back to normal in about 10 days. Also I have heard that carrying and lifting heavy things could cause broken blood vessels even in the eye.