It has been almost a week I have red eye and it doesn't hurt me at all but it looks so ugly and I wonder what this could be my friend told me that it is something about broken blood vessels and it would go on its own. Anyway it doesn't look to me like it would go that easily so I need to hear if this condition is about broken eye blood vessels how it is to be treated and how long it usually takes.

It could easily be about broken eye blood vessels for I know those symptoms are just like mine-I have frequent problem with broken blood vessels in eye especially when I have a cold and the coughing usually causes me broken blood vessels in eye. and it is not that much serious trust me-you see it is not painful at al it only looks frightening and it usually takes about 10 up to 14 days to disappear. I usually use artificial tears or eye drops just to avoid those scratchy symptoms in my eye and no other treatment is usually needed.