My girlfriend and I decided to have sex for the first time the other day. I used a condom with spermicide and she's been on birth control (Yasmin) for about a year now. But as we were doing it the condom broke... we both freaked out. I don't know whether or not there was any semen in the condom but there probably was some precum, so she tried doing some cotton swab thing her friend talked about but I don't know what that was.

Basically the question is whether or not I should be freaking out. I just need some reassurance.

Celebrity
If she is on birth control, and has been taking them correctly an has been for a while, then i dont think you have anything to worry about.
Birth control pills sometimes dont work if you have been ill or taking antibiotics over the last month.
Nice to hear from someone that has taken every precaution to avoid unwanted pregnancy an protected themselves from sexualy infections.

Not sure what the cotton swabs are, but in the future please note. If sperm gets into a woman the swim an fast....

she has been very healthy and not taken any medications other than that i believe. We are both very careful young adults I hope everything works out ; /