My daughter is 20 years old and I can say we have really good understanding for each other. Since she was little girl she told me everything, and we both think this is the best way for us. Now she gets older and we talk about her sex life. I realize she must grow up and has her own life, which was very hard to accept. Now I want to help her, because she asked me about birth control pills, so I need to know which are better, Ortho-cyclen or Yasmin.

It is very nice that you develop such an understanding between you and your daughter. Off course it is hard to accept our child is now person with all rights equal ours. But as sooner as we accept this, it would be easier to everyone, because you can’t stop her be woman. With your help, she will get right information and prevent unwanted pregnancy, which a lot of young girls have. Before she started to use any of birth control pills, either Ortho-cyclen or Yasmin, it is recommended to visit the doctor first. It is not recommended because she can’t buy those pills on her own, but it is needed to see if she can use it. It is important if she has normal blood pressure, angina, any heart disease, asthma or any other disease. Both and Ortho-cyclen and Yasmin require the same procedure, because of some ingredients which might negatively affect her health. Those pills are almost the same, and we can’t make differences which are better for someone. Everyone react different, so let her try with pills her doctor recommend.

PLease advise your daughter against the use of yasmin. Log on to medications.com and read the yasmin forum. Many women are having terrible problems with this particular bcp. I have personal experience with it and am only just now recovering. The main side affects seem to be extreme anxiety, panic attacks, weight gain and sore breasts. The anxiety and depression are more severe than with any other bcp. The testimonies on the yasmin forum on medications.com are proof of this.

OF COURSE if there is a forum for PROBLEMS women will post their problems!

There are many forums for women who LOVE yasmin =)

Birth control pills are trial and error, as a member of the healthcare community I can say this is a fact. Some women will need to try 2-4 different types in order to find the one which works the best for her.

A trip to a gynecologist is in order, a gyno would need to do an exam and talk to her about her health.

I understand freedom of choice, but I too work in the medical field and would not allow anyone to take this drug. Check out what
NPR has to say about it. Shame on Bayer.