Hey there,
My upper right lobe was removed due to pneumonia. I am still in hospital and doing breathing exercises, but I really do not know what to except when I come home. When will the stitches be removed?

Hey there,
Doctors will give you additional instructions, since it all depends on your situation, which is particular.
The stitches shall be removed during a follow-up visit in doctor’s office.
Ok, there are several things that you have to be careful. First is, keep the incision clean and dry. You’ll be probably given the instructions how to bath. After the surgery, as probably already now, you shall feel some ache, especially when deep breathing or coughing. You shall be recommended some pain relievers, but NOT ASPIRIN! Aspirin or some other pain killers might increase the chance of bleeding. So, it is very important to take only the medications recommended.
The exercises you are already doing, keep doing them regular at home.
Avoid all kinds of tobacco exposure, pollution, fumes, and of course exposure to upper respiratory infection, such as flu, colds...
Physical activity is very important, but you should not exaggerate- do it gradually, as recommended by doctors. I think you shall be instructed to avoid all kinds of heavy items lifting to prevent strain on your chest muscles.
Hope, this was helpful!