Hello. I'm 26 year old male and I need some quick information about one disease. You see, at this moment my father is in hospital and doctors wont tell me what the hell is going on with him. One of them told me he suspects in some pleurisy and that’s all.
Is it something serious? All I know is that one night he felt strong pain in chest which was strong or stabbing when you take a deep breath.
All this indicate on some heart disease to me.
He has never had any problems with his heart before and this really surprised me!
Is it some kind of heart attack! Please, if someone knows more about this-feel free to inform me!

Hello. I'm very sorry about your father and, if it is some kind of comfort- I will tell you that his condition has nothing to do with his heart! Pleurisy is an inflammation of the pleura, membrane that surrounds the lungs and lines the rib cage.
There are many possible conditions of this inflammation but in most cases we are talking about bacterial or viral pleurisy, and sometimes- process can start in lungs and then spread on pleura!
It can be treated completely but treatment often includes several mediations such as pain killers to relieve pain and antibiotics to treat infection.
Viral infections normally go away without medications.