Hi. I'm 35 years and I'm pretty scared about my health. I considered my self to be a very healthy person and really- before this occurred I have almost never been to any doctor. But then I started to get these pains in my upper abdomen accompanied with nausea and vomiting.
I didn’t pay too much attention on it and didn’t contact any doctor over this. But after month or so, I started to suffer from loss of appetite with a feeling of fullness after several bites of food.
I contacted my GP and after endoscopy and biopsy of the stomach lining he determined that I suffer from some condition called acute gastritis. How serious this could really be!?

I was diagnosed with gastritis about 3 years ago and I will tell you some things I know about this disease. The simplest definition of the gastritis is that it represents a mild irritation, inflammation, or infection of the stomach lining.
Several symptoms can occur such as abdominal cramping and pain, loss of appetite, belching or gas, diarrhea, vomiting and nausea.
Several things could cause this disease.
Some of them are helicobacter pillory infection, abuse of alcohol, aspirin, viral infections and stress factor. Treatment varies but for most types of gastritis, reduction of stomach acid is helpful. This can be done with some medications such as Famotidine.