My father is 65 and he has asthma. Recently, his doctor told him that he needs to take some medication for his heart. I dont know a lot about this, but does asthma affects the heart? Can you tell me more about the causes of asthma? I am worried about my father.

I am not familiar with your father’s condition and for this reason I can not comment your father’s heart condition. However, I can give you some information about asthma. We all know that a lot of things can bring on an asthma attack. Dogs and cats cause asthma attacks in some people and tobacco smoke, cold air, exercise and even laughing can cause attacks too. Bad attacks which force people to go into hospital often happen after a virus infection of nose or chest. Some people get asthma if they take aspirin or other painkillers. Some get it from dusts or fumes at work. The causes of asthma are somewhat complicated because they include our genes, our exposure to things we become allergic to and a general effect of our environment. As long as your father taking his medication and being supervised by his doctor, I am sure that he will be fine.