Hi, I would like to talk to you about my troubles that started few weeks ago. The first symptom was a thick and weak voice. Then I started to have difficulties swallowing since my throat is sore. Yesterday mu temperature was high. Because of this I went to see a doctor. After some quick exams, I was diagnosed with laryngitis. The doctor also said that I should come again for a check up after I finish my therapy since my laryngitis can turn into bronchitis. Can you explain how these two conditions are related?

Hi, laryngitis is an inflammation of the vocal cords. The good thing is that laryngitis does not last for more than a week. There are several things that can cause it. Usually it is a viral infection. However, even though the infection is cured, that does not mean that laryngitis is gone as well. Thick voice could still be present. Other causes of this illness are a bacterial infection, screaming or talking loud, smoking and being in rooms with cigarette smoke. The bad thing about laryngitis is that, if it persists, it can turn into more serious infections or be a part or a symptom of it. Bronchitis is one of these more serious conditions. That is why your doctor set you another appointment. He is worried about laryngitis complicating into bronchitis since you are experiencing it for some time now. However, I am sure that with the right treatment this won’t be the case.

hello,
based on the above information, i was wondering if you can get bronchitis first, and then laryngitis? it seems like the symptoms i have been experiencing are the opposite. first i experienced a scratchy throat, and then it felt like i had a sinus infection and fever, and i was spitting up a rusty colored flem. in the meantime, it traveled to my lungs and i began coughing up yellowish greenish stuff, and now it feels like its traveled up higher in my lungs, causing me to lose my voice. i've also been coughing a lot. my chest hurts but my throat is fine and my sinus thing is clearing up. any ideas as to what i might be experiencing???

Should I go to the doctor if I think I have larintis and the cold mixed yes or no