My daughter is 9 and she has problems with respiratory allergies as long as I can remember. One month ago she had lower respiratory system infection. I would appreciate some info about it. I am worried about my kid.

I understand that you are worried for your daughter. However, as long as she is under supervision of her doctor, I am sure that she will be ok. The reason why some kids have respiratory allergies is that they are predisposed to them. When I say this, I mean that genetics plays a big role. Acute respiratory infections can affect both the upper or lower respiratory systems. Infections of the lower respiratory system involve the trachea or wind pipe, bronchial tubes and the lungs and they are initially caused by viral organisms. No specific treatment is usually necessary for these infections and the illness disappears after seven to ten days. The condition of the patient improves after that period. If there is a secondary infection, antibiotics such as penicillin, tetracycline or erythromycin and others may be required. For any additional information regarding your daughter’s health, you need to contact her doctor.