I am worried that I might have bone cancer. Recently, I have noticed some bruises on my shin bone and I have no idea how they get there. Is it possible that I have it? Please help!

It is impossible for me to diagnose you like this. I do not have enough information to do that. I advise you to go to your doctor, only he/she can tell you in what kind of condition you are. To ease you a bit, I will tell you some basic information about bone cancer. There are two main types of bone cancer, primary and metastatic bone cancers. There are several types of primary bone cancer, and most of them are called sarcomas. The exact cause of bone cancer is still unknown. The name of the different types of bone cancers are based on the cells forming the cancer. It is also based on the location of the bone or surrounding tissue involved. Some of the primary bone cancers are: osteogenic sarcoma, chondrosarcoma, giant cell tumor of bone, Ewing's sarcoma, multiple myeloma etc. Metastatic bone cancer is very common cancer and cancers from other organs, such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer, etc, can cause metastatic bone cancer in their late stages.