I am a jogging beginner and I already seem to have some injury and I was told by some trainer I know it must be shin splints. I was actually running and all of a sudden I kind of a twisted my foot and the result turned out to be tenderness and pain in the front part of my lower left leg and also some mild swelling. So if it is shin splints what should I do I mean do I need to see a doc.

Shin splints is very common in runners especially in beginners like yourself. I had shin splints few times and it usually goes away on its own with rest but if the pain and swelling persists than you should see a doc for the prolonged pain may indicate inflammation so you might need some ice pack and pain relievers. I once had x-ray for the shin splints and I had some little crack along my bone caused by overuse but also by improper jogging shoes for I in fact have flat feet and when someone has flat feet than he might expect to have frequent shin splints so if this is the case you should than use arch supports and combine your jogging workout with strength training in which manner you could also strengthen your shins.