Hello! I am 48 years old woman and I have been doing a sedentary work for over 20 years now. I had no trauma nor activity related injuries, but have however developed a c5-6-7 cervical disk disease. I figured out a problem when severe back problems started. I went to an orthopedist, had both MRI and CT. I got my diagnose- c5-6-7 cervical disk disease. I am meeting the doctor next week to negotiate possible treatment, so I wanted to know a bit in advance what the possible treatments for this disease are. I would appreciate any answer. Thanx!

Hello! The most common treatments for cervical disk disease are physical therapy, several weeks of drug therapy with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and limited use of a cervical collar in order to reduce neck movement. It all depends on your specific condition which you will probably talk about with your doctor. Neck surgery is advised only in cases where other therapies have failed. However, you may decide to have an alternative treatment like acupuncture, therapeutic massage, and yoga. The treatment may last from couple of weeks to three months.