do calcaneal cuboid joint injury or cuboid instability tell something to you? If so, you may be interested in reading.

Two years ago I had an accident of (apparently) no importance : I missed a few steps and fell twisting my left foot upright. My injury, although severe, was mistaken for a midfoot sprain and went undiagnosed for a long time... a common pattern, as I learned later.

Conservative treatment failed and predictions on untreated injuries are bad. I could only walk on crutches to avoid weight-related pain. What then?

Fusion scared me (I am only 37). I found one surgery option called tendon transfer (usual for ankle and knee repairing) and, contrary to most opinions, trusted the surgeon who could perform it.

He used half of my peroneal brevis tendon to stabilize the bones around my CC joint. Now, after 4 months (2 in non weight-bearing) he says we are close to a happy end.

However, I am still anxious, probably due to my past experience (many promises not kept): recovery is slow and there is some residual pain, both laterally and under the heel (opposite side).
Is this usual? The case history on this treatment is so scarce I feel like a pioneer and would be most glad to exchange views and encouragements. Thanks, Annalisa

I've had 2 fusions on my foot. I'm only 26. My injury was bad, I had a mid foot fusion and a calcaneual cuboid fusion.

I just had a cuboid fusion. Looking for feedback on how you foot is now post surgery

I'm a 24 year old female and just had a tendon allograft across the calcaneal cuboid joint, would love to exchange stories! Please email me - ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of private information such as name, phone number or email address is not allowed in order to protect your privacy*** Please read our Terms of Use