Hello everybody. I‘m going through complications following surgery. You see, I had a calcaneal osteotomy and subsequent malunion which required a titanium plate and screws to correct the failed osteotomy. I’m now almost 6 months post-op and I have with severe pain when walking. Anyway, besides all that I have been recently diagnosed with calcaneaul cuboid joint arthrosis. Predictions are that I will require a fusion of that joint. I mean, with all this happening to me, I feel like I am going down hill instead of up. Anyone had anything like this??? Your comments or suggestions? Need your help...

Oh dear, I’m really sorry to hear all that... To be honest, I haven’t heard anything like that in last few years... I personally never had such problems but had joint fusion though... It was successful and even though recovery took some 4-5 weeks, I’m ok now. I was in pain just the week following the op, and had to take painkillers daily. But, after 5-6 days it got much better. I just hope that it will help you too. I strongly believe that this operation will be the point from which you will finally start moving uphill. Everything the best..

Was just told I have calcaneal-cuboid arthrosis and that all that can be done is a triple arthrodesis (fusion of the bones). Not sure what exactly this is but I do have pain and swelling because of this and am not sure what the best step is for me. I was told that that will only try and help eliminate the pain and swelling and is not a gaurantee and that it cannot be corrected. What have you been told?