For the past 3 months, I have had sore calf muscles in both legs at the same time. Pushing hard into the muscle with a thumb and massaging makes it feel better for a short time. No pain when sleeping. Only when standing and sometimes when walking, but walking usually makes it feel better. Also having fasiculations in the leg muscles, not just the calf muscles. I have had doppler ultrasound and blood pressure checked in the legs and it is normal. Also had blood tests done for electrolytes, thyroid and muscle enzymes. All normal. Haven't injured the muscles through exercise and am not doing anything differently than I was 3 months ago. Doctors can't figure it out. Any idea what this might be?

I'm a 50+ female and I've just been reading messages on this forum because I have been experiencing several times a day, a dull ache/pinching feeling sensation in right calf, on the outside and always in the same spot! Sometimes I also get a dull ache around the back and front of the same knee.

Any 'pain' is perfectly bearable, but it slightly worries me just because of the thought of a blood clot, but I don't like troubling doctors, so I have not been to a doctor and I am not taking any drugs at all.

What I have noticed is that the 'pinching/pulling' sensation happens in exactly the same place on the outside calf area and only the right leg. After a few times I marked a X on the very small area with a biro and it's always that same place!

I usually feel it when I'm sitting at the PC where most of my work is done or if I sit with my leg on a chair. I don't really feel it the same when standing or walking so is there anyone else with similar syptoms please?

My worst fears are a blood clot but there is no swelling, no redness and no warmth, which seems to be possible symptoms and the pain is what I would call fairly minor, but is intermittent and never lasts for long.

Someone said it might be nerve related as it's in exactly the same place each time - so can you get a pinched/trapped nerve on the outside of your right calf?

Thanks if someone has any replies!

I'm suffering with exactly the same symptoms. I'm interested to know what could be causing it. I have been exercising a bit more recently but I've never felt anything similar. I'm also getting pins and needles in foot. Have no heat in leg so hope it's not a blood clot.

I have the pinching/stabbing pains in my legs and this has gone on for several months.  The pains have moved into my arms.  Four months ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism so my first thought was that it was lingering thyroid issues.  The pains became worse and at one point kept me awake most of the night as I tried to massage/heat the pains away. The pains also worsen towards the evening.  I also suffer - intermittmently - from tingly hands and sometimes my tongue.   I have been tested for MS, blood cancers, diabetes, RA, nerve damage, etc.  Finally the neurologist ran a B12 test and it was a 340 (range 210 - 2000).  She gave me a B12 injection in the office for a "boost" and I now am taking 5,000 mg of sublingual methylcobalamin B12 per day. This is something I can buy over the counter.  After a bit of research I avoided buying the cyanocobalamin B12 in case it was not converting to the methylcobalamin, in my system.   This is the second day since I began the B12 regimen and have not noticed a huge difference. but from what I have read it can take awhile before the damage is repaired. I did notice last night that I slept better, weird.  B12 is only found in animal protein and I eat at least one meal a day with beef. I will begin adding eggs or yogurt in the morning. For years I have  taken a women's multi-vitamin everyday so I was confused as to the low level of B12.  I guess the American standard for B12 is much lower than Japan. Their lowest standard is 500. Funny, my regular doctor didn't bat an eye at the lower level because it was "within range".  I will take the extra B12 everyday for the next couple of months, if the pain doesn't go away then we will look at fibromyalgia. Although, I am extremely confident that this is it!