I know the world goes crazy with all these diet programs and overweight people. I am not overweight and I take care about my body fat. I do it exercising a lot and eating health food in normal amounts. I realize that is not so easy always, and some people just need to watch about calorie intake. When I started to think more about that, I concluded I do not know what does calorie actually mean, so can you explain that to me?

Calorie, by biological definition is unit of heat defined as the quantity of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree centigrade at atmospheric pressure.
Word calorie is used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food. An outdated unit measuring energy is now replaced by the joule unit. Now, one calorie is the amount of heat energy required to hear one squared centimeter of water by 1 degree Celsius. As many calories do you intake, you will get more weight and that is the main problem for fat in human body, beside some diseases. Anyway, I have to tell you that there is not all food brings you so many calories. There is a negative calorie food, and this is food, which use more calories to digest than the calories food actually contains. Calories from these foods are much harder for the body to use, so in other words, the body has to work hard in order to extract calories from these foods. Even though foods may contain equal amount of calories, much less of these calories can possibly turn into fat. That is the main thing with negative calorie foods, because fewer calories are actually available to the body. I guess you may realize this gives these foods a tremendous natural fat-burning advantage.