Hello All,

Im 24yrs old and have just begun the Lemon Detox Diet by Stanley Burroghs.. Has anyone done this diet before and how effective is it? Any tips on coping without solid food for 7days? :( 

Hi....yes, it's actually called "the master cleanser" it is great for detox, but good luck, IT IS SOOO HARD! 10 days without ANYTHING but organic lemonade.....ughhhhh, I have done it A LOT, but by the 5th day I always fail, you start dreaming about food ( kinda like tetris, where when u play too much, you dream of the shapes LOL). DO NOT GO GROCERY SHOPPING, stay away from "food" or good resteraunts it sucks!! By the 5th day, I was grabbing food off the shelf and eating it, and spent $600 at the grocery store. Are you doing it for detox, or to lose weight quick?? If you want a rapid detox, try the wraps at a salon. They wrap u up like a mummy with ace bandages and it lasts 15 min or so, supposed to lose weight immediately. It is a rapid detox that is a lot easier than the master cleanse. But, in all fairness, I love the master cleanser, I'm gonna try it again on Monday, but I'm disabled and take a lot of opiate pain meds, I want to quit, and it relieves immediate withdrawal and cleanses all your organs. Keep in mind, if you do the 10 days to lose weight.....you may lose 20 lbs in 10 days, but YOU WILL GAIN IT ALL BAVK PLUS PROBABLY 10lbs, when your n Body is deprived of food, and then you taste it again beware of what you eat........ If you want to lose weight but detox is extremely important, do the cleanse uf you can make it, but get a diet regimen, Eat foods like: Lowfat weight control oatmeal in the morning Followed by hard boiled eggs Chicken breast (grilled is best) Tuna (in water) A slice of rye bread And salad (ceaser's with lowfat dressing, no cheese or croutons) Try JUST THOSE food for 3 months AFTER the cleanse, I Eat a little throughout the day. These are all High metabolism foods, but low in fat. MY HUSBAND DOES THIS AND LOST 80Lbs in less than 3 months, and he has done it gained 300lbs, and lost it 3 different times. IF YOUR STRONG ENOUGH TO DO THE CLEANSE, be strong enough to follow a strict diet afterwards, otherwise all that hard work was in vain  Hope you do great, BE STRONG, it is good for you, if you can't hang with it try the " body wrap" for detox at a salon and a colonic.....it's the same effect and MUCH EASIER FOR DETOX !! For losing weight, THAT PLAN I GAVE YOU WORKS, it is from a dietician and has cured my husband of diabetes.....HOPE THAT HELPS!!  god bless you, and wish you well, stay strong.....IT IS ONLY FOR THE STRONG WILLED!! 

wrote: JAMESSSS HARD JEFF

Hello All,

do drinking of hot water mixed with honey every morning with empty stomach reduces weight, I HEARD SOME WHERE .IS IT Has anyone done this diet before and how effective is it? Any tips on copYing without solid food for 7days? :( TRUE

Thanks alot! That's great advice..will def try the meal plan after the detox is over :D God bless you too..x

Thanks alot for the advice..will def try it out :D

Any diet plan where you cut out a large portion of your diet is unhealthy.  Your body craves the things that it needs to stay functioning.  10 days without any source of protien, any vegetables (or the nutrients they bring), any starches or any fat will leave you incredibly unbalanced.  Lemon juice does not have enough to keep you going- that's why this diet is so hard.  You lose weight temporarily because your body panics and draws from other sources that are easy to shrink, like muscle mass.

Did you talk to a nutritionist before you started this diet?  Are you at least taking a multivitamin and protein supplement?

CORRECTION: Just quickly I meant eat more fresh fruit and veg AS WELL AS clean lean sources of protein, which is the muscle building blocks. Eat less carbohydrates, which will end up being store energy if unused. regards

As i mentioned before and if you looked at any research regarding third party research regarding any prolonged starvation diet..theya re all dangerous. the results are not benefitial weightloss, its muscle loss..avoid it like the plague..please see a nutritionist or dietitian

Hello, The lemon drink is a mixture of madal bal lemon syrup, fresh lemon juice and cayenne pepper..The madal bal lemon syrup contains all the necessary carbohydrates, proteins and minerals required..or so they say.. so your body is not in starvation mode. I actually dont have any hunger pans anymore and im on day 3.. Thanls for ur advice tho :)

Thank you for the advice..il def go back to healthy eating after the detox....x

Yewandesob,
you'd better do some real research my friend if it had all the protein in it then it wouldn't be a detox would it. your body can handle a maximum of 2 days with minimum protein.. have a look at the ingredients. if it says protein then well maybe I'm wrong, however i am certain it will not say any complete protein content within the lemon detox diet. The research is seriously flawed and they are counting you not doing your own research.

"Lemon Detox under the microscope.

Each drink has roughly 60 calories, so by restricting your diet to only 600 calories a day you will lose weight, however it is not catch free. Given the average person requires around 2000 calories each day this diet creates a large calorie deficit. This causes the body to go into starvation mode, slowing your metabolism down. When your body shuts down like this you tend to feel tired and lethargic, and the body converts what little calories it gets into fat and preferentially breaks down muscle. The net effect of this is after short term weight loss, the body puts weight back on  quickly, and in most cases the muscle lost will be replaced with fat. 

If you are looking for fast weight loss, the Lemon Detox Diet could work for you, however be aware of the possible side effects and the risk of putting the weight straight back on. For long term weight loss may be better to consider a balanced meal plan coupled with regular exercise. It may not be as glamorous, but the long term results should speak for themselves." http://www.alfitness.com.au/article/aID/116/Lemon-Detox-Diet

"What ever you do, don't go on the Lemon Detox Diet. I don't want you to experience a serious drop in metabolic rate and lose muscle mass. This is what you can expect when you drop your usual energy intake from around 7,500-10,000 down to 1,700-2,500 kJ, which is all you'll get on the Lemon Detox Diet." http://www.smartshape.com.au/a/890.html

If you look at the actual individual ingredients in the diet it doesn't contain any complete proteins so if your doing a detox diet for more than 24-48hrs your body will destroy lean muscle..my friend the facts are there and science has proven it. if you remain niave, you will be at serious risk.

If you are able to do it then do it.  But... I myself fast no more than 2 days.  Ultimately your weight loss is from reducing calories and there are easier ways.  I recommend R&D Diet Cookies.  I was able to cut my daily calories back to around 800 by using these cookies and it was pretty easy.  Good Luck! ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed**