Hi all. I’m 24 and, I have to admit, overweight. As I desperately want to lose some weight, during last few years I tried several methods – diet pills, exercises, diets… Nothing helped. Exercises just turned some of the fat into the muscle, pills caused severe side effects I couldn’t bare plus all weight would come back soon after and diets made my blood very bad. I even blacked out few times while on these diets. Anyway, I’ve recently heard for so called catabolic foods. They claim that those foods actually have negative calories, meaning that body uses more calories to burn them than it receives from them. So, they claim that diet based on catabolic fodds is the best one for losing weight. Is this true???

I think that is just a marketing trick… All, but ALL foods have some calories – some more, some less. So, no food is actually "negative calorie" food. Also, there is another thing wrong in statement you wrote – body almost does not use any calories while digesting food. Stomach acid resolves it and than such food simply gets absorbed into your blood stream in your bowel. There are no calories needed for this. You can even make an experiment to confirm that – simply pore some acid into old pot (similar to the one we have in our stomachs) put some food in it and leave it for the day. You’ll se that it will get resolved. Do you think that in the process pot lost calories??? I don’t think so… So, I think that is not true… But, that is my opinion.