I have been on the pill for over 6 months, i switched brands 3 packs ago, I've never spotted before. The last week and a half I have been drinking excessively and it seems the day after I drink I tend to spot....is there any correlation between the two?

I am also sexual active and am afraid the spotting may mean pregnancy and the alcohol thing is just coincidence? Because I did drink before at times just not as frequently.

And I realize that if there is a chance of pregnancy I need to stop drinking, which I have. (I inform of this to not get hate replies)

I think alcohol consumption can cause spotting... Alcohol can affect the balance of hormones in your body.

For the past year I have had occasional spotting... It's like my period is starting a week early, very lightly. I discovered martinis about a year ago, and started drinking too much, at least a few times a month. My tolerance suddenly got higher, too. I bet it's affecting my hormones. I think I'm going to think about ways to cut back the alcohol!

I also experienced this. I drank heavily on Sunday and spotted Monday Tuesday. It stopped Wednesday but I got drunk...and the spotting came back next day. I just switched the brand two weeks ago...but this never happened on my old pill.