When i go on a night out and drink the next day i dont usually have a hangover just tired but one thing i notice is that the next day my lips are really inflamed and red it looks like i have lipstick on!!

Anyone know why or what it is? would appreciate the help, it usually goes away after a day or 2 but i mainly want to know for curiositys sake

I have the same red lips after drinking alcohol. I am very curious to know why that happens to certain people as well, but this post is the only thing I could find when I googled it. It usually is only noticeable if I've drank relatively heavily. Anyone out there have an answer to this interesting phenomenon?

I get the same inflamed red lips if I've been drinking particularly heavily. Usually clears up after a week or so, but not until I've hardly been able to open my mouth as the skin has been too tight, followed by a layer of skin peeling off. Not pleasant and would also like to know why alcohol affects me this way.

I also get the same thing after drinking. I'm a guy and it makes me look feminine with red lips

I didn't realize it was from drinking the night before but I did, and heavily. Hasn't happened in the past, but I've never really been a drinker before.

Sounds identical to what 12/16/08 said though.

I couldn't find any answers to this question. My boyfriend has the same thing when he drinks heavily. I also get canker sores in my mouth after heavy drinking. Maybe it's a combination of the sugar and acid that's causing these problems. Drink less often and smaller amounts is all I can suggest.

Dehydration causes this. I also have the same problem after drinking.

I have a red spot on my lips, please help me, which treatment i have to take or how do treat them?

Me too. I have only noticed this as I got into my older 40's.

my lips swell up three times of their normal size, and peel for a couple days after drinking alcohol, I want to know if there are types of alcohol I won't react to because it's quite frustrating and painful!

as I wrote a couple minturs ago, this also could be a histamine intolerance! All you need is a simple blood test. I'm using a dietary supplement called Daosin to handle it ;) You can read a lot online about it

It's an ingredient in the beverage not the alcohol itself. Most likely a perservative like sulphites or possibly a strain of yeast. It's really through experimentation of different brands that you'll find the right mix. Some beers I'm fully congested and lips burning after 3 sips, others it may take 2 beers to feel effects some not at all. Most types of vodka set it off for me and many red wines. Sticking to organics seems to help for me. Also helps not to drink more than 4 (6 oz glasses of wine or regular sized pints of beer or 1.5oz mix drinks) in one setting and alternate 1 drink with 1 glass of water.

I have reddened lips due to high alcohol intake. I just stopped and want my lips to return to normal. pls any advice or solution?

Mine only do it when I drink Patron Tequila. I will wake up with both top and bottom lips totally peeled with cracks in them. I then feel horrible to the point of nausea. My nose is either stopped up or running. I believe it is an allergic reaction to agava. I work medical so I'm doing some research.

I've just recently began to react to certain types of alcohol. I've been able to drink whatever I want for years but right before my 47th birthday..
My lips swell 3x the size, turn bright red then peel for about 9 days! It's humiliating.
I realized that Ciroc, patron silver and potatoes based vodka are safe but Sky and Smirnoff (corn based) are out. I can no longer drink wine or champagne.
I also now use the Daosin that I bought online on Amazon. It seems to help.
When I have a reaction, I use ibuprofen and antihystamines with mineral powder to try and cover it up.
NEVER try to pick off the peels because u will then create sore spots that look like u have
herpies. Ugh.
Wash and moisturizer with coconut oil
And aquaphor.