Hi, guys. My friend’s father is an alcoholic for years. He has just been diagnosed with esophagus cancer. I would like to know if alcohol consumption can induce this type of cancer or not. It seems little strange to me, but maybe I am wrong. I would really like to read what you think about this. Thanks.

Hi to you too. Alcohol consumption is one of the most important causes of esophageal cancer. It can induce it, although there are some other risk factors. I think that amount of alcohol that is taken is also important. I would also mention cigarettes. They are even more important than alcohol here. If your friend’s father is a smoker, there’s the answer. Spicy food is also something that should be considered. I am sorry I cannot give you more details. I am not a medical expert. You should consult one. Bye!