I have some questions and they are concerning my father. He is seriously ill and I was wondering could I get some extra informations about his disease.
His first symptoms were discomfort on passing food through his esophagus. Doctor suspected that it could be from some polyp in his esophagus and he scheduled him for esophagoscopy.
Examination shown that he has tumor inside his esophagus that were blocking passing food through it.
I heard that these types of cancers are very difficult to operate. Is this true? What more should I know about this type of cancer?

Well, I'm sorry to say but you are right, these types of cancers are indeed very difficult to operate because of esophagus location.
Esophagus cancer starts in a single cell which has become abnormal. This cell produces millions, and eventually billions, of copies of itself.
The most common type of esophageal tumor arises from the muscular layer, and is called a "leiomyoma".
This is benign tumor.
Unfortunately, a quickly growing tumor within the esophagus is most likely to be cancerous and malign.
Like you said, only treatment is operation and removing of cancer. After that, tissue sample will be sent to pathohystologic examination to determine the nature of tumor.