Hello, folks. My friend’s father is 63 years old and he is already diagnosed with dementia. I think it is Alzheimer’s disease, but I am not sure. Can anyone tell me about the life expectancy for dementia patients? I would like to have more info on this. Thank you in advance.

Hello. Dementia can be pretty vicious. This is terrible when someone cannot remember his name or if he did or did not go to the bathroom. I know that the prognosis is worse if dementia starts before the age of 65. As far as I see, this is your friend’s father’s case. I am not sure about the details. I cannot give you any numbers. At the end, your friend should consult an expert for the details. I hope he will manage to take care about this. Bye!

my mom passed at 77 with dementia but she also tried to stay active with the church deentia sets in first then the on stages of Alzeheimers it also depends on the person

The life expectancy of a person with dementia depends on the type of dementia they are diagnosed with, their age and health. Most studies seem to show that the average number of years someone will live with dementia after being diagnosed is around ten years.