I have a history of PCOS and have never been pregnant. however after loosing weight i started tracking my periods and they use to come between 35-37 days. i have been on metformin for 5 months now and clomid 2nd month. last month i had period on 28th May 2011 and finished on 4th June 2011. My Doctor said i should start trying for baby from day 18-26 but i started trying earlier than that and through out the month we kept having sex one day another. on 23 June 2011 (CD28) i had slight pinching pain on right side of my lower abdominal and then i started to feel period like cramps afterwards. then on 24 June 2011(CD29) in the evening i had slight spot so i thought i started periods. however i started discharge in the morning but with period cramps. Now i have started brownish spotting 7 days before my period on 27 June 2011(CD31). it can only be seen if i insert tissue. i always had heavy periods almost i change three tampons on day 2/3/4 but its my 3rd day today and now brownish spotting has changed into pink spotting. i had pinching pain on my right side and sometimes i feel heaviness and period cramp but very light. if i insert tampon it never gets full only the top with some blood and it hurts because virgina gets dried out and tampon dosent stay inside either for long it slips out. my nipples are sore but no heaviness in breasts. Does any Knows whats happening with me? i have done pregnancy test which is negative. i am going to do it again tomorrow if it came out negative i ll wait till my periods which are due on Sunday 2nd June 2011. is anyone else going through what i am going through right now?

Hi honey! Metformin and clomid are FANTASTIC at bringing on ovulation and regulating periods! With your cycle being 35 - 37 days I would think that your ovulation would be about June 18 - June 20th - so since you were having sex through that time, this could be an indication of something happening - as in zygot attaching to the uterine wall! I know you are desperate for a sign honey, and I can't say with 100% certainty that you are pregnant! And IF you achieved conception on around the 20th, taking a pregnancy test right now would be too early for the HCG levels to show! So even though waiting for 3 days feels like a lifetime, lets wait to see if your actual period shows up on the 2nd! IF it doesn't then lets wait till Monday or Tuesday - which would be 14/15 days then take another test! I am sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins! So keep on taking those! And lets keep our fingers crossed that your period doesn't arrive on Saturday! Just know honey that even IF it didn't work this time does not mean it wont in the future! OK? And let me know how you make out!

Thank you Bambi27 I have started my menstrual cycle today well very painful i ll say. i am trying to catch on with my nurse to find out whether i should start clomid now or tomorrow. I have a feeling a i did not ovulated this month at all as my all OPKs were negative till CD26. and worst of all is that i had very less or no discharge through out the month. i was completely dry from inside like i will be starting periods at any point. so i dont know what exactly is happening. i was not really expecting the pregnancy this month due all these conditions. but i will keep trying =))

Recently studies were published that showed women who took Prenatal Vitamins were more fertile, so take those honey! And the Metformin and Clomid must have made you ovulate. They are pretty strong and useful drugs for egg and period problems! Just follow what the nurse/doctor says! Also this might be WTMI but when you are having sex, have your buttoks supported by a pillow and after your husband ejaculates, try and stay that way as long as possible, this helps the sperm with good old gravity! As I'm sure you are aware, there are 1 million sperm in each ejaculate and out of that only 1 or 2 sperm get to the egg. Which is unreal but needed. So the more you can help mother nature the better. Also your husband can take a multi-vitamin with Zinc, Folic Acid and Selenium helps with his sperm count. Also IF he drinks alcohol it stops the absorption of Zinc. He also shouldn't masturbate the day or 2 before trying. I wish you good luck and health and FERTILITY! Don't worry and just try not to think of it as a job - like following a plan - think of it as showing your love for each other and just being intimate instead of trying to conceive - you know what I mean? Good luck!

Thank you so much for your support. Periods are very painful this time and mostly pinching pain on right side. I have tried calling my Doctor today i will try again tomorrow. Mostly i am worried because i did not feel any ovulation pain or high temperature(i kept record) or anything.  second i am thinking of discharge because if virgina does not produce enough discharge than sperm dies within an hour or so otherwise in right virginal discharge sperm can stay upto 5 days. me and my husband dont drink or smoke. yes i m taking some folic acid. these were the most irregular periods i have ever had. i had brown which seemed like old blood and then slightly pink mixed with discharge for 3 days. so last night i walked for an hour. but i started to have alot of back pain. then about 2'o clock i started feeling cramps so i was confused because since 23rd June 2011 i have been getting period like pain and cramps. in the morning i started red bleeding so i started using tampons. then i started so much pain from 9 till 11. i took ibuprofen it stopped for 15/20 mins and started all over again. i almost spent my whole day in bed today . about 3'o clock i started feeling my head was heavy from front like i m holding bricks on my head and after that i started feeling sick (nausea feeling) and i cant even go to my kitchen due to that. i know its not pregnancy but it never happened before so i m kind of disturbed because of all this situation. so i m just praying hopefully everything is fine.  

Hi honey! I 1st want you to take prenatal vitamins - not just folic acid - prenatal has folic acid, biotin, b vitamins, iron, etc. and these are ALL needed OK?

2nd I am a bit confused, vaginal lubrication is there to protect the vaginal wall from bacteria and other foreign substances. It is also there to stop weak sperm IF they weren't high enough in the vaginal canal! A womans body is set up to ONLY allow the strongest sperm through - the most worthy - so that is why a penis - or by artificially inseminated - has to be as close as possible to the cervix and then with the ejaculate the sperm is pushed through the cervix. Then the sperm swim through there to get to the tubes, and then hopefully meet with an egg. So the vaginal wall has it's own lubrication to stop any sperm in there, then the sperm have to get through the thick gel of the cervical opening, by the end of this a HUGE percentage of the sperm have already been stopped - and these will come back out the vagina as ejaculate - and the strongest sperm will then finish their journey!

So with regards to your dry vagina - that doesn't affect the sperm unless most of the sperm is left inside the canal - and not shot through the cervix! And since you are dry - probably from low hormones - then just use lubricant NOT petroleum based! And this will help you and your partner in MANY ways! 1st it wont be so difficult for your husband to enter you and to get close as possible to the cervix 2nd it will be uncomfortable for you both if you have no lubrication in the vagina!

When you are put on Metformine and Clomid - they can make your periods a bit wonky and unusual, so I am sure this is what this is! Metformin is a diabetes drug, and when it is used for menses then it can give you some of the side effects of the disease it was originally created for! So with Metformin you might have feeling ill or tired etc. So just know that the 2 drugs just might make you feel strange! Google the side effects of metformine and clomid!