My husband and I are going to try to conceive our first baby in three months! I am very excited and want to start taking folic acid tablets now to prepare my body for pregnancy and create the best possible conditions for a baby in my body! Can someone please tell me if folic acid tablets have any side effects?

Hi. I just started taking B complex vitamins (including folic acid) a few days ago for the same reason. So far I feel great. I feel refreshed and like my energy level is higher, but to be fair it's only been 2 days. I didn't expect to feel any difference but I haven't experienced any negative side effects and I'm usually pretty sensitive. If you take any medications it may effect when you can take it, for example I have to put four hours between the time I take my thyroid medication and the vitamin. Good luck :-)

I notic when ever I take folic acid tablets I get unbearable pain in my stomach.
Must ask your doctor before taking these tablets. good luck

I'm not trying to get pregnant or anything but taking anything with folic acid or pancriac acid in them gives me really bad acid reflux in my belly so be very cautious of it, i don't think we need any more of ether unless your stomach doesn't produce enough of it, but not likely... if at any time you start getting belly aches stop taking them or don't take it every day but for me i get acid reflux in my belly like 4 - 6 hours after taking any sort of multi-vits with folic or pancriac acid, it just means my acid levels are normal and i don't need  to ingest any extra.

That's acid reflux, if it gives you that stop taking them or only take it once a week but for me when i've took just regular multi-vitimins with folic or pancriac acid i got really bad acid reflux 4 - 6 hours after, can't take anything with ether of those in it, it just means our stomach acid levels are normal and we don't need to ingest any more. A few months ago i took one of those Evercent energy tablets you drink in some water, it was bloody awful... had the worst stomach ache all night then threw up everything i ate and everythng else left over from days before then i found the energy tablet just didn't dissolve and was playing at the bottom of my stomach and i threw that up too at the end after drnking some water. Honestly we really don't need to take anything with folic or pancreiac acid if we don't have any conditions that give people lower levels of it and for people where it's genetic to get acid reflux in our belly every now and then like with me, my mum and bro then we REALLY don't need to take anything with it.