Hello...I am on 11 dpo, and two days ago, I discovered that I was spotting brown discharge, then a light pink blood. I had some cramping, but that has since subsided. I am due for my period in three days. I am regular, and usually have very minimal cramping. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and this morning. both coming up negative. I really havent experienced any other symptoms other than headaches and occasional dizziness. I did start prenatal vitamins a few weeks ago. (My doctor thought it would be a good idea to get enough folic acid in me before conceiving) Could that be a side effect?

Hello! I was taking folic acid for anemia and honestly I don’t think that your cramping and spotting is due to folic acid intake.
I did have problems at the beginning with folic acid. I developed lose stool. However, the problem subsided soon enough.
As far as I know side effects from folic acid a=or any other vitamin supplemenst are rather rare but if they do occur, they are rather harsh. They include skin rash, breathing problems, swelling of face and stuff like that-stuff that are urgent.

In my point of view, your symptoms could be two things-just what you are suspecting-pregnancy or period.
How long have you been trying to get pregnant? I know that 3 days may sound too long in this case but it is your only option. Wait for your period!

In case you still have doubts about the folic acid and other supplements you’ve been taking, you should report these effects to your doc who told you to use them.

Good luck!

woah_baby - I wanted to find out if figured out what was wrong. I have almost the same symptoms. I had it happen last month but I started my period. Now it has done the same thing this month. I don't start my period though for another 7 days.

woah-baby or agr ??? what happened next???

I have had the same type of symptoms but i am not on folic acid and this is the first time i have spotted before my period. i believe i am not due for my period for the next few days. i took a preg test but i dont know if it was too soon to tell but regardless it was negative and i think i am going to wait until the day i miss my period to take another one. other than the spotting i also have this full feeling in my stomach that just started today.

I am having the same symptoms. A few days before(sometimes up to a week before) my period I have some spotting. I think I am starting my period early but then it stops. My husband had a vasectomy about 10 years ago and I am very faithful to him so I don't think I could be pregnant unless its immaculate conception or his vasectomy has reversed. These symptoms have been happening for about 4-5 months. I am 35 yrs old. Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't go to my annual pelvic exam for three weeks.

Hello

I am quite confused about what is going i have been taking the pill for almost 3 weeks my period is due in about 4 days

i had sex and i bleed just light spotting and i thought it was just because of the sex but i have been spotting for 2 days now %-) and i have no idea why!?

I am experiencing I guess "spotting" but im not sure. My period is supposed to be starting on the 14th or a couple days around there, which is more than a week away. I started spotting on the 3rd i think it was and still am. It is not as heavy as my period normally is, but it almost looks like the same color, just maybe a brown tint. But if i recall correctly, i have had this happen to me once before, and my period still came? can anyone tell me what's going on with me?

i HAD ANAL SEX LAST SATURDAY AND STARTED BLEEDING AFTER WARDS FROM THE VAGANA WITH DARK RED CLUMPS OF BLOOD COMING OUT OF MY VAGINA. i BLEEDED FOR THE WHOLE DAY AND STOPPED. iT WAS MY FIRST ANAL SEX AND MY BF MISSED THE ANAL HOLE TWICE AND WENT INTO THE VAGINA. THOUGH HE DIDN,T COME AND HE USED A CONDOM. THE LEFT SIDE OF MY OVARIES HURT AND I FOUND OUT I WAS OVULATING. IT,S BEEN FIVE DAYS NOW AND I TOOK PLAN B WITHIN 72 HRS THOUGH O TOOK THE SECOND DOSE 1 HR LATE. COULD I GET PREGNANT. MY PERIOD SHOULD START ON THE 5 OF MARCH. i AM ALWAYS HUNGRY NOW AND I FEEL NAUSEOUS WITH NO VOMITING AND MIGRAINS TOO. PLS HELP

I had my period at the beggining of the month, starting somewhere around the first...I am terrible at keeping track of it...i know it is bad. Well it ended on the 6th. I had sex on the 13, 14 and 15 but my boyfriend did not go inside of me, he pulled out...and I haven't been on birth control for quite a few months. on the 20th i started noticing a little brown discharge in my underwear, and it has been continuing for 4 days now. it is not enough to fill any sort of pad, but it does get my unddies a little messy. I do not notice any other symptoms of pregnancy. My boobs feel ok, well just a little sore, but I am not sure if it is enough to call it a symptom. What should I do? my period is not suppose to start until the beginning of next month, is it coming early for some weird reason or could this be implantation spotting? I really need help, I want to know if I am pregnant, because I want to do everything right if I am. %-)

okay i just turned 19 on the 4th of may 2008 . me and my boyfriend have unprotected sex on the 2nd of may 2008 and i think my period was supposed to had came on the of my b-day but the next day (may 3rd, 2008 ) i started spotting light pink then it went away.. but later on in the day i checked myself and i was bleeding a light bright red and my period is normally dark red and heavy ..... can someone please tell me if i am or may b pregnant or not ?..... oh and i took a pregancy test early on the 3rd of may but there was no result just a control (as normally )...... THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH !

I am 21 years old and on the pill. i have been on the pill for almost 2 years and I got my period one week early and that has never happened. My periods usually last 5 days has been like that since even before i started taking the pill. This ealry period lasted 7 days and then 2 days later i spotted again dark red then to pink then dark brown. I have been experiencing backaches, minor headaches and cramping. My breast are not tender and i took a home pregnancy test turned out negative. i know its to early to even know and i am not trying to get pregnant. if i do then its another blessing in my complicated life. can someone help. this is new to me with all the early period and after spotting.

Hi everyone,

kind of worried here so it'd be great to get some input ..

so i had sex with my bf 14th dec, and took plan b postinor 2, 2 pills in 24 hours with a 12 hour interval about 44 hours after. Got my period about a day or 2 early on the 24th dec, and it lasted about 2 days longer than usual, and ended on the 28th , faded altogether on the 29th dec. It was somewhat heavier than usual, but this could have been due to the fact that i was very tired. I was active again on the 30th, but very briefly, and i mean extremely,( penetration was only about 5 seconds? )
On the 7th of jan i experienced some light pink discharge which was rather thick, and on the 8th i put on a pad to be safe, and found some dark brown discharge on it. today, ( 9th jan) there was some white/yellowish discharge.
my period is usually pretty regular, about a 28 day cycle, and i usually get spotting 2 or 3 days before my period, so i'm not sure what to think. does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Any information or input would be greatly appreciated. thank you

I recently started on birthcontrol, almost two weeks ago now and on the first day of my period. My period ended kind of early, after taking only 5 pills but my doctor told me that the medication would start working immediately after my period and my boyfriend and I had intercourse the day of my 6th pill, the day after my period ended. Now, 9 days before my expected period, I'm having brown spots. Spotting isn't a normal occurrence during my menstrual cycle but I don't know if being on the pill could change that. Could I be pregnant?

Recently I've been trying to get pregnant. My first day of my last menstrual period was March 15/10 and i had intercourse on Mar 25th and my ovulation date was Between Mar 26th - 30th. Ever since then i have been getting cramps and peeing a lot more than ever. I took my first pregnancy test Apr 10/10 and it turned out negative. So i had intercourse again on Apr 10/10 and my husband came in again. My next period does not start till Apr 15/10, but instead I got it 3 days earlier on Apr 12/10 and it started very light pinkish. Im confused and I don't know what that means. Would anyone be able to help??