Hi, I have a yeast infection, and I told my boyfriend about it. He doesn’t care, and he says that there’s no way he can catch it from me. I am still not sure if I’m going to have sex during this infection. Is it contagious?

Yes, it is very contagious. Believe me, I got it from my girlfriend. We already had unprotected sex when she told me that she has yeast infection. I asked her why didn’t she tell me sooner, and she said she thought it was not contagious. Now I have a red rash on my penis, itching and burning. It is so irritating, I just want it to disappear. I am using an antifungal cream, and I hope it will help me soon. I know one thing, I will never have sex without condom any more. Have no doubt that yeast infection is contagious! Tell your boyfriend what are the symptoms, and he will change his mind about unprotected sex.

Uh...No. They are not. Do some more research. "google it" some more. It is not. This guy, obviously caught something else.

Yeast infections are in fact very contagious ask any doctor man. Guys will know they have it because it will get red and itch/be sore. The skin will sometimes dry out or get wrinkly as if dehydrated. Also it is common to have a white yogurt like discharge that collects around the penis head.

Theoretically, they are contagious. But really he'd have to already be on the verge of a bacterial imbalance. You can't actually "catch" a yeast infection from someone... just become more imbalanced and develop it yourself.

For everyone to know: YES yeast infections are contagious and men do catch it! However, keep in mind that it is much less likely for a circumcised male to have a yeast infection.

The yeast infection is very seriously contagious. Kayoubi is right thought, you would have to have a bad bacterial imbalance to get it. But once you got it. Your screwed....expect 6 months or longer to completely rid yourself of this terrible disorder.

It is an infection though...not a disease so there is a cure. Diflucan once a month for 3 months and a serious change in diet will work.

Yup it's contagious, it's harder for guys to catch but it can happen. It happened to me with my ex

And no it did not take 6 month to get rid of. Try more like 3 weeks...

I've caught it from my wife twice. A pill for 3 days and gone.

If he gets your yeast in his mouth, yup! If he kisses someone else he can pass it on. When you get rid of it, DON'T even let him kiss you, he must go to his doctor and get fixed up. Stop eating wheat at home and sugar anywhere! Start eating yogurt (even frozen pops). Your bloating will go away and you'll lose 20 pounds/10kilos. Oh yeah, if he has sex with another bloated woman and goes back to you, the cycle starts all over again. GOOD LUCK

This is straight from WebMD. Matthew Hoffman, MD Internal Medicine Emory University 131 Answers 20,704 Helpful Votes 15 Followers A. No, yeast infections are not contagious in the way a cold or the flu is. Yeast infections are caused by a fungus (more specifically, a yeast) called candida. Candida is a commensal organism, meaning that under healthy conditions it lives harmlessly in our bodies. We all have candida living on our skin and in our intestines, and healthy women carry candida in their vaginas. When the body’s defenses are in balance, candida is not noticeable or bothersome. However, certain conditions can give candida the opportunity to grow excessively: A low-functioning immune system. Use of topical or oral corticosteroids such as prednisone (often for asthma or autoimmune conditions). Damage to the mucous membranes (the skin lining the mouth, vagina, and GI tract). Antibiotic use. In these situations, candida can grow on the skin or in the lining of the mouth, GI tract, or vagina. The fungus creates a white patch or plaque across the mucous membranes. In the mouth, visible candida infection is called thrush. In the vagina, it’s a yeast infection. In people with weakened immune systems, candida can grow almost anywhere in the body. Because candida is normally present in all our bodies, someone with thrush can’t exactly pass it to someone else -- that person already has candida. To develop thrush, a yeast infection, or another candida infection, that person may have one or more of the above risk factors or conditions.

dude i have one right now ive had 3 now ive gone to the doctor guys can get it it is contagious

It is unlikely that a man will get a yeast infection from a women but it is possible.

What kind of pills did you take. I need help