My son is 7 and he had respiratory infection few weeks ago. I am worried about him because ever since then, he seems like he is more fragile. Doctor says that he is fine, but I worry all the time. Can you give me more information about respiratory infections?

I understand that you are worried about your son. Having a child who has health problems is not so pleasant. Some children are more sensitive than others and the main cause for that is genetic. Of course, other things can contribute to sensitivity. Respiratory infections are common, for example colds in both adults and children. Most colds are usually mild and confined to the upper respiratory tract. Also, most are probably viral induced, ate least initially. However, in infants and children, upper respiratory tract infections may spread downwards and cause more severe infections. In severe cases, this can even lead to death. One of the problems is that any respiratory infection requiring medical professional attention is almost invariably treated with antibiotics. Main feature of cold is watery to mucous nasal discharge "coryza". I am sure that your son will be ok as long as he is being monitored by his doctor.