Hello! I got urinary tract infection last week. I did some urine tests and they showed that I had a huge amount of Escherichia coli. I’m still using antibiotic. I feel ok now and there are no symptoms of UTI anymore. I’m wondering how soon you can have sexual intercourse after UTI. Thanks!

Well, if you don’t have any pain and if you have a wish for sexual activity, you can have sexual intercourse. Just empty your bladder as soon as possible after intercourse and drink a full glass of water to help flush bacteria. Don’t be afraid that your partner will get infection. It’s not possible.

Hello there, since Ilene has answered your question I would just add that please make sure you don’t feel any symptoms anymore. I am telling you this because my sister had UTI and she was still on antibiotics when her husband insisted that they have sexual intercourse and afterwards her condition worsen so she had to take one more round of antibiotics.

To avoid this make sure there is no pain and no symptoms at all. And if there is any possibility use a condom, not to protect your partner from UTI (transmission isn’t possible) but to protect yourself from getting some other infection while you are sensitive and more prone to catch something.

And of course pea as soon as possible after you had sex.  

It would be best to wait until you finish with drinking your antibiotics before you indulge yourself. If your partner is pressuring you try to stress him out how complicated it can be if you get another infection together with UTI (there is a big chance of this and it is common that yeast infection appears together with UTI).

Than you will have to see your doctor again and take one more round of antibiotics.

But if you two can’t wait then be sure to take preventative measures. Use a condom (to prevent another infection because you are very sensitive at the moment) and pea right away after sexual intercourse.

But in my opinion you can do a lot of other things and maybe even improve quality of your relationship if you wait.

I know that this is an old thread, but since my wife recently had a urinary tract infection, I would still like to ask a question & leave a comment/suggestion.

Question:
I REALLY want to be fair & masturbate my wife to return her kindness in bed, but she keeps saying that my hand will spread the infection over a larger surface of the vagina-is this true?

Comment/Suggestion: 
If you ladies are feeling pressured to have sex by your Men, don't just stop at stressing the importance of the pain you are experiencing or the need to wait until you are certain that you no longer have a UTI. Do that, but also reacquaint him with the pleasures of non-intercourse related sex. A man can easily be "tied over" by the act of oral sex,  breast "intercourse", anal if you enjoy it or can at least tolerate it for his sake or even a simple ha****b.  if he is worth his salt, he will be both understanding toward your pain (as best as we can be as Men with a different set of tools) and grateful for your efforts during this physically difficult time (and speaking of being "tied over" if you are a kink couple like us, you will find MANY other ways to relieve him. He may want intercourse very badly, but a little cum & cuddle play when he needs it will go a long way.

Lastly, please forgive me if my boldface offends you. I'm not shouting. I type in boldface because I have vision issues & I don't want others with the same dilemma to struggle & squint the way I often do.

Thanks,

Skeptic's Eye.

i think you're a little too selfish and needs to wait until it clears up...jeeeeze!!! if she said it would spread more just listen to her, even if it doesn't spread more it means that she's uncomfortable doing it during such problem...

Hi there,

This is clearly an old thread, but I just wanted to share what my doctor told me. I was told to wait to wait to have intercourse until TWO FULL WEEKS AFTER THE SYMPTOMS STOP. I had a UTI roughly 5 weeks ago, my boyfriend and I had sex a little over a week after I had been diagnosed (I had finished the antibiotics and felt better), and it came back a couple weeks later.

The doctor told me that it can take up to two weeks for a woman's bladder to return to normal. (I guess with the infection it can swell). So even if you feel better, you should give it at least two weeks after the symptoms stop to have intercourse. Because having the infection return Sucks!

Also, to those of you whose boyfriends/husbands are pressuring them to have sex - I am shocked that they would be so disrespectful. You shouldn't even HAVE to tell them how bad it hurts you. They should respect the fact that you are currently sick, and should never make you feel guilty about not being able to have sex. (Not to mention that it's likely their fault that you got it in the first place!)

Hope that info is helpful...

Hi there. I know you wrote this post a year or so ago but I came across it and since UTIs often reoccur I thought I'd share some of my personal insight. I've had UTIs in the past and they are awful and can make you want to remain in bed motionless. But that being said, I've never had intimacy during or shortly after a UTI that cause the symptoms to worsen. I agree with you that perhaps your wife could do some things for you (bl****b, hand**b, etc.). Just remember she probably won't want to do anything the first 1-2 days.

Furthermore, I've found receiving oral can help with the symptoms. The infection is INSIDE so as long as you, your hands, etc. remain outside of her, her pain should be temporarily replaced with pleasure. Again this comes from personal experience. It will hurt her and possibly make it worse IF you put fingers or such inside BUT if you remain on the outside it will ease the pain.

Hope this helps someone.

Looking for the answer to this post

lol how about a man just sucks it up for two weeks and masturbates. We'll pleasure you when we feel like it.

I currently have a UTI. It is only my second one, thank god.

My boyfriend(age26) is one of those guys who ' when he gets in the mood(which isn't very often) he is getting sex or he will go to bed angry with me for not having sex with him. He thinks it's me being selfish... what is wrong with this picture.

So... since I don't give Blow jobs much at all, I actually enjoy hand jobs (only if I get the same in return).

I believe it should never be one sided.

Anyway, with a UTI It's pain on the inside so as long as the man doesn't enter you whatsoever (including his fingers) you shouldn't be in any pain.

I would also like to add that I sit on a hot water bottle for most the day.. This really helps with the pain.

Hi, I'm commenting on this post because I currently have a UTI. I'm on antibiotics now, I have half a day left of them. I'm commenting not because my boyfriend wants to have sex but because I want to lol, he won't touch me until he knows its safe but I'm going crazy over here! I guess I'm confused because people keep saying that as long as he doesn't go inside then it's OK... But the urethra is not inside the vagina so that doesn't make sense. Is he not supposed to enter my urethra? Because that doesn't normally happen. I feel like outside touching or oral would be more unsafe because the opening to your urinary tract is closer to your clitoris than to your vagina, but people say this is OK? I don't know if I can wait two more weeks but I really don't want this to come back. I'm also 26 weeks pregnant.

I just want to say that 1st off if a boyfriend/husband is pressuring you or making you feel bad bc you can't give them a release of pleasure bc your insides are in horrible pain, then honestly they don't DESERVE any kindness in the form of oral,anal or ANYTHING. That's UNACCEPTABLE behavior from the person who is suppose to protect and care for you,especially in situations like that. 2nd I would like to say that my man NEVER pressures or acts that way, so OF COURSE he is taken care of but that also sucks for me bc I get soo unbelievably turned on and basically READY TO GO, BUT CAN'T! I mean, sure there's the amazing shower head to take care of myself but I want the real thing! So yes, men are in sexual tensiion but Women are in actual pain and sexual tension and most of the time sexual starvation bc we don't want to make the uti last any longer than it has to or have it come back!

Hey I'm kevin in tryin to see if u got a utility can u still catch it wen u have sex

maybe break up with him fam